Thursday, June 9, 2011

group break of sorts?

Ok, I have never hosted a group break but I have participated in a few. I had an idea and I would like to see how many of you would be on board. I was thinking about it all day at work, with what I can do, how I can do it, etc. Let me lay it out for you. Now, I'm not sure if this has been done yet but maybe it has. Normally a group break consists of boxes being opened up, cards being sorted out by team and such. I was thinking of something along the lines of this:

A $25 per slot, 10 card lot.

Each lot would contain three autos and seven relics randomly chosen.
I would break it down like this:

3 autos: at least one on-card auto, the other two stickers (or a combo thereof)
7 relics: at least one numbered relic and one relic that is two or more pieces. The other 5 relics would be basic relics or maybe even more numbered ones but I can at least guarantee one per slot.

Ten cards for $25, breaking it down to $2.50 per card, cheaper than at most shows. I was thinking ten slots, with multiples available if you'd like (I think up to three slots for one person if they wanted). If I were to fill all ten, I would add an additional card but not just anything, something awesome like auto/relics or that octo-relic (its crazy, both sides have 4 pieces each!) I have. Either way, I would definitely make it worth the $25. I have many great cards to contribute to this idea and I think I would start with a minimum of four people. If I get more, great and better for you guys. Let me know what you think and if it takes off with enough people I'll post up details and everything. Let me know!

**Update: here are some of the cards that will be included:

16 comments:

  1. I would be interested... a lot would be based on the cards available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it is random but I can definitely post up some examples of what will be included in these lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put me down.... This is my kind of break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it is a random allotment that you talking about, would you allow trading between the participants? If so, I would be interested also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very interesting angle that I did not think of. I don't see why not. I guess what I can do is random them off, then tell you guys what you got in your lots, then you can deal if you need/want to? Maybe there is a better way if anyone can think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A draft would work as well, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never done this before so I'm open to ideas. How does a draft style work? If its too complex to answer here, you can just shoot me an email.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm interested. Would it be possible to pay ttm?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paypal would be ideal but ttm should work just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats six (seven if Nathan wants in) so far. I may do a draft (once I find out what it is), I may do trading. I'd like to get the participants set then figure out amongst them what's best, then we'll go from there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the clarification! I get the money out in the mail for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for the second comment, but I jumped the gun a little. Could you email me where to send the money?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ted, I'm interested. Sounds cool.

    Tim 'Axemanohio'

    ReplyDelete