Monday, June 6, 2011

aww geez...

I.

Am.

A.

Dummy.

Seriously. I posted a little while back a post containing nothing but three numbers. 6, 5, and 11. Well, some of you correctly guessed it meant a date. It totally did. It came yesterday and I totally forgot to post ANYTHING. Something would have been good. Yesterday marks the one year anniversary of this blog being first published. My first foray into this collecting community. One year....


...and I totally botched it. Well, that doesn't mean that I can't still celebrate! Over the course of this week, I plan on giving some stuff away, to you, the loyal readers. You know how much I like giving stuff away. Plus it cleans out some of my collection. I haven't decided what will go first but stay tuned for more on the giveaway at some point probably tomorrow.

In other news, my quest for the 2009-2011 Topps legend variations is coming along quite well. I believe I have more than half of 2010, and I'm only missing three from 2011 (with two on the way). I totally got a bunch of them in the mailbox today from you guys and my collection and I thank you greatly. Along those lines, the series 2 legends have been popping up on eBay since yesterday. I've been keeping up with them and adding them to baseballcardpedia when I notice new ones. The sparkle variations are back too so check your base cards! Here is the list of legends so far:

405 Ryne Sandberg

410 Reggie Jackson (A's)

435 Pee Wee Reese

450 Mickey Mantle

510 Hank Aaron

516 Tom Seaver

530 Sandy Koufax

Looks like I was right on a few (Mantle, Sandberg, Koufax and Reese). I wasn't sure if Hank would be in series 2 or Update but I didn't mention him because he was right on the sell sheets. He, along with Koufax, are two of the best additions so far. Mantle is a big 'duh' for Topps and obviously, we're not surprised he is included. Its not enough to give him a base card in every set released (I'm surprised they didn't find a minor league picture of him and put him in Pro Debut) but he needs a short print too. Of course. Anyway, there are 18 more to find, so keep an eye on baseballcardpedia if you care to keep tabs on who's in and who's not.

7 comments:

  1. Any idea when we'll get a correct checklist for series 2?

    & Congrats on the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the one-year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys.

    Derek, I'm not positive on when the full checklist will be updated, hopefully soon. I'm sure all of the other guys that edit baseballcardpedia are quicker than I am about getting that done proper. I'm namely looking out for the short prints but if I notice a complete checklist I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!

    You could always cheat and retroactively change the date on this post

    I won't tell anyone... :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 1 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I drank I'd lift one in honor of your one year anniversary. Since I don't, I'll just say it... Congrats. May there be many more years ahead.

    ReplyDelete