Monday, June 20, 2011

almost there

Ok, we're down to the nitty gritty here. The consensus definitely favored picking for the final round and understandably so. Once you see what I have in there, you'll be glad you picked the ability to pick. There was a catch though. While you favored a pick for the seventh round, you also wanted another, to be fair to those that did get to pick last in that seventh round. The one catch on my end though; I have been practically run dry of relics and autos. The three randomized relics and two autos aren't anything to really gush over to make for another round of picks. I had an idea though. How about vintage? Would you guys like a round of vintage picks for the next round, round seven? Then the final round being the bigger cards? In terms of vintage I was thinking 13 cards from the early Topps era, the bigger cards, ranging from 1952 to 1956. Let me know what you think as soon as you can, so I can pull the cards, scan 'em and let you guys have at them.

ALSO- I apologize if I have been slow to respond or just plain forgot about trades, comments and other dealings with some of you. I certainly don't mean it but I'm trying to make this group break go as smoothly as possible. I haven't forgotten about you guys and I do have emails and correspondence in my 'deals' folder' in my email account, I've just been pre-occupied with this break. I will, however, be sending out everything probably at the same time. That means break packages and trades, same day.

10 comments:

  1. I am fine with the idea of a vintage round, sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah vintage sounds great and will be fairer to everyone. And I do love 54 Topps.

    word verification: lying
    I still promise it's the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to the above, I'm a vintage collector actually. 50s Topps are my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely down for some vintage

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think there would be any issues with a vintage round. I almost feel silly for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds good. i don't collect too much vintage but i'd like to acquire some more, hence I'm game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of some vintage cards, GREAT idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Group break of GU and autos? Great! Vintage added as a bonus? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete