Sunday, August 29, 2010

"value" huh?

So I decided to pick up one of these "value" packs today while at the Wal-Mart. You know the ones that the hobby parasites are shaking and busting up to see if they have that Strasburg refractor in it? Well thankfully the three boxes they had were not violated as those videos online have shown. It did come with the six 2010 series 2 packs and the one hobby Allen & Ginter, along with the Million code and refractor card for $15. How much does Topps value that code and refractor if its supposedly 40% more value when I buy this thing? I'm no math whiz but the six packs are $12 in stores and maybe the Ginter is around $4. Taking that into consideration maybe it is a good deal. Well, here is what I got; a pack of Ginter with nothing special, a 1967 common from my code (one of the packs had another code card in it too, which I got a 1968) and a bunch of series 2 stuff I already have. Oh and a Cal Ripken refractor as seen below. The auto came out of the final pack as well. I've never heard of him, but it is an auto and I always appreciate those.

Maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment