Tuesday, August 3, 2010

kids stuff

I got my 1992 Topps Kids box in today. I won it on eBay for the high price of $8.50 plus shipping. This is a fun set to collect, and I did when they came out originally. I was ten and I would rush down to the locally owned market and buy up some packs. They were 35 cents a pack and contained 7 cards and a stick of gum. Thankfully the gum was wrapped so it didn't ruin the cards. Ok so 48 packs, 7 cards per pack equals 336 cards total, and with a 132 card set, I should get at least 2 and a half sets right? We'll see. Here are a few examples;




These are cool, no? Apparently Tom Henke has a robot arm. This is news to me Mr. Cyborg pitcher. I always liked this set and am glad to have it in my collection once again. I did manage to complete one full 132 card set. I came around less than 20 or so for a second. I guess that's not too bad for Topps in the early 90's.

3 comments:

  1. Imagine how you would have felt if you came up short of the first set! Not the classiest looking cards but fun. BTW, back in the sixties we kids liked the cards fine -- even without robots and swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been debating buying a box of this too. For some reason my brother's college sold these packs in the mid 90's in the college bookstore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA, these are awesome!!! I love the Dave Stieb.

    ReplyDelete