Monday, January 3, 2011

*new feature*

In continuation with what I did last Monday, I have decided to make a regular feature out of opening a pack and showing its contents. Random Pack Monday will be the new regular attraction for the time being. It'll be fun and I hope to keep it up for a while. What did we open up today (really yesterday):

2010 Topps Magic Football. I'm not a big football guy but these cards look quite fancy and would be interested to see what a baseball set could look like in this format. dayf was entirely right about the packs. The colors definitely pop right at you and they look like something from the '60s. Here is what I got:

Now, when I opened this pack, I got the assumption that this set was filled with nothing but stars, rookies and Hall of Famers. Well, its not but this pack certainly was. I actually picked up three packs total and this was by far the best of the bunch. I definitely know Franco and Troy and Brett. I've heard a lot about Colt this season and he seems to be a break-out rookie this year. I have no idea who the other two guys are but I'm sure some of you do. I don't know how much I'll buy, maybe these will be the only three packs I end up with. I do have to give kudos to Topps on how this set looks though, classy all the way. The cards could use some stats on the back though and that would be my only complaint. Well, I hope you join me every Monday for a different pack to open up (....err well, I hope you join me every time I make a post, really) and see the mystery of what awaits us in these wrappers we love ripping so much!

5 comments:

  1. I really want to buy a box of this stuff but I'm trying to be good and save my duckets. I bought 2 packs a few days ago and ended up pulling a auto so not too shabby, but what inpressed me the most is how great these cards look and the art work. Plus mini's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you cynicalbuddha. If the box prices weren't so high I would jump on one too. They are beautiful cards alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tempted to try to find some of these. Last years (well the year before 2009) I didn't like because it emphasized college uniforms. I really don't know and often don't care which college a pro guy went to. I want to see them in their pro uniforms (although some of the HOFers in their college uniforms are sometimes cool looking). But this 2010 set looks fantastic, although is a bit similar to Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh BTW I love the random pack Monday Idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't going to buy any of these....but I bought two blasters today. Keep the random packs coming.

    ReplyDelete