Tuesday, January 25, 2011

argyle trade (plus posey update)


A trade post?? Its been too long since I've posted one and I'll strive to do more in this year. So I checked out Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle and his want list. I noticed I had many 1989 Topps he needed for his set. I put them all together, added some Dodgers stuff and sent the box on its way. In return, he sent me some Jays for my ever growing Blue Jays collection. Seriously, I must be up to almost 4000 so far. Below are four of my favorites from the contents:

Yes, that is a 1990 Jimmy Key. Jimmy was my favorite player growing up so any card of his is always welcomed. The Wells mini is fantastic too (more on him tomorrow). The Hentgen is kind of a cool swirly shiny, while the Halladay is just flat awesome (I assume this is the card you hoped I didn't have, which I don't). Thanks a bunch for adding to the box, it seems to never stop growing!

In other news, "Posey Watch" is in full effect.

I listed him up on eBay last night. Its going rather well and I anticipate it to end around $200. We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. I must've missed the post where you told us you pulled that b/c thats a freaking AWESOME pull. Good luck bringing in the $$

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the cards!

    And yes, that Halladay was the card I hoped you didn't already have, and I'm happy to add it to your collection.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. living in the Bay Area... Posey is a god... my students are always talking about the guy. Nice card... hope he bring you in top $$$.

    ReplyDelete