Monday, March 7, 2011

random pack monday and the accidental trifectica

It's another installment of Random Pack Monday. For today's opening pleasure we have...

1998 Topps series 1. Lets see whats inside:

This set is alright in the design side of things. Nice almost full card picture but other than that nothing too special. The highlight here is the Clemente reprint (odds 1:18) which there are 19 of. This is reprinting his 1969 card, and is going right into the personal collection.

Now for the trifectica. I didn't even realize it until last night while driving home from dinner.

Troy Tulowitzki. The rookie, auto and relic. The auto coming from yesterday's 2009 Icons box completed it. I do have a different relic for him, a bat card from 2010 Topps series 2 but I like the jersey with the stripe better. As far as accidental trifecticas go, I could not complain, especially since I don't collect him or the Rockies but I'm actually glad I do have it. He is definitely one of the top shortstops in the game right now and his career is on the right track as long as he stays healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment