Sunday, March 13, 2011

a box, a plate and a tease

Another trip to the local shop but this time I had an agenda. The owner has a Facebook page where he gives a shout out to all the big hits that are pulled at the shop (he scans them, posts them and talks about who pulled it, with permission of course). He bought a few vintage cards yesterday and promptly posted them up for all to see. One definitely caught my eye and I knew I had to have it. The card is at the end of this post but only the back. I will reveal the front tomorrow. BUT. Before we get to that, lets see what was in the Icons box I picked up (told you I was crazy for this set).

Another seven hit box. The Wang auto is numbered 1/2. Crowe auto is 489/600, and Martis is numbered 020/600 (I have this one already, numbered 019/600). The Boggs jersey is cool and the Hall is ok. The Yogi letter is sweet too but the Daniel Negreanu is just rubbish. This is the second "celebrity lettermen" I've stumbled across and is the only real problem to this set. Just rubbish. The Jays plate obviously didn't come from this, it came from 2010 Topps series 2. It was pulled by a customer of his, she had no use for it, so he traded for it and it came to me.

Now the big reveal. v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

This makes number 12 for me on the T-206 front. Remember one of my collecting goals was to finish that 15 card page in my binder. This gets me one step closer to that goal. This card is also a big addition to my collection. You'll get to find out tomorrow after the Random Pack Monday post. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment