Sunday, November 28, 2010

recent acquisitions

I picked up these two HoF relics in the past two weeks or so. Things have been such a mish-mash of my time lately that I forget when I got them exactly, but they are both new to my collection.

Ty Cobb is a dual bat relic from 2009 Topps Tribute, numbered 62/75. Mel Ott is a jersey and comes from this years tribute and is numbered 24/75. Collecting Hall of Fame relics is tricky due to the demand. I really don't like paying huge sums of money on one card, and thankfully I haven't had to yet. Seemingly everyone knows these guys, among other HoFers, so their demand is high. That and the fact that these guys played in the early portion of the 1900s, makes for great relic cards. I'd love to get my hands on something related to Honus Wagner or Cy Young, but those have proven to be difficult so far. Like I have mentioned before, I'm a sucker for baseball history and the early guys who were at the top of the game in the days of the dead-ball era and the depression era are all fascinating to me.

3 comments:

  1. Nice pick ups. I've been on a HOF relic hunt myself lately. It's tough to do cheaply, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are sweet looking cards. Congrats on the pick ups.

    ReplyDelete