Saturday, July 17, 2010

oh no...a card show!

CARD SHOW SATURDAY!! Well, I was excited anyway. Here brings us to another saturday card show. This time I had very few goals in mind. Those being: the final couple of cards I need for the 2010 Topps inserts, and Blue Jays (what else is new?). While I did find some great Jays cards in some ten cent bins, along with some vintage 1956-1960s Topps in a 50 cent bin, I came up empty handed on the 2010 front. But thats OK, because what came in place of it is much MUCH nicer.

You guys know these fellows right? We all do. My wallet did too. Neither of these are perfect, but we all know thats not what I look for in vintage. The Spahn was marked at $20, and the Aparicio at $2. I paid $20. The Luis was a "freebie". Not too shabby I'd say for two hall of famers. The Spahn coupled with the Robinson from 1954 has sparked my want to try and complete the 1954 Topps set. According to Beckett there are 16 cards that book at over $100, this knocks out two. I picked up around 24 more from that year, bringing my total to 28 (out of 250). The big two from the set are the Hank Aaron rookie and the Ernie Banks rookie. The bookend Ted Williams (numbered #1 and #250) will also be a challenge. It will take a long time, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run, and alot of fun. then again, maybe I'm just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment