Wednesday, July 28, 2010

artsy fartsy


Ah yes, 1990 Topps. So much color. So many good players, some great rookies. TOTALLY WORTHLESS! The highest booking card is $2.50 (Sammy Sosa's rookie). I don't care though. I had so much of this set in my youth collecting days. The big one was the Frank Thomas rookie, if you had that, you literally had GOLD. Well, not really but it was a big card between our little circle of collecting. Now 20 years old, I feel this set really looks the era it came from. Many of Topps sets are really nice, and some of them timeless. They don't look the era, or the year they came out, which is good. Its nice when Topps strikes a design that can be looked at later on and not be stuck in a certain period of time. This set is sooooooooooooooo 90's. You cannot mistake this set for any other era than the 1990s. Much like 1972 looks 70's, and 1986 looks 80's, 1990 is pure 90's. This set gets put on the shelf with my 1987, 1988, and 1989 as a set that I had so much of as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment