Tuesday, February 15, 2011

trade with smed, leads to...

...I'll get to that. First things first. I completed a trade with Scott from Smed's Baseball Card Blog. I checked out his wantlists and he sent over his Excel files that contained all the cards he needed. After scouring them for a few days, I found over 400 cards to send over to him. I checked out his tradebait and found a few cards I was interested in. The Frank Thomas relic, the Mel Ott patch, and any Jays he may have.

I was awestruck when I opened up the package to see the two Jays patches above. The two patches I was waiting and watching on eBay, trying to win for a good price. Didn't need to any more. This card was the one I wanted most though:

I saw this and thought having it would be awesome. It is my second HOF auto (I'll show the other one soon, who is actually another Cub), and it led me to go and seek out this on eBay:

Which completes......vvvvv







My first trifectica.

Well, first non-Jays trifectica. For those who may not be sure, a trifectica is when you have three cards of a player; the rookie, a relic and an autograph. I have many 2/3rds of some good trifecticas that I may have to complete sometime soon. Banks being my first is definitely a good start. Thanks so much to Smed's and I hope your box has found its way to you by now.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, not a bad first trifecta at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Brandon Morrow Commemorative Patch is too cool. I got your package yesterday, all I can say is, "You frickin rock DUDE!!" Thanks just don't quite cut it.

    ReplyDelete