Sunday, December 19, 2010

we fare thee well


So after 5 seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays, Lyle Overbay has signed on with the Pittsburgh Pirates for the 2011 season. Not sure who is going to be his replacement at first, maybe Adam Lind? He has played there before, amongst playing outfield and designated hitter. Overbay isn't new to switching teams, having played on the Diamondbacks for three seasons and the Brewers for two. I had a feeling he was going to be a guy who left the roster after this season. As far as collecting him goes, I really kinda don't want to anymore. I mean, I'll still collect his Jays years cards, but I won't go out of my way for them, like I would current Jays. Has that happened to anyone else? A player you like to collect on your favorite team, switches teams and you lose interest? Or do you follow him no matter where he goes? I know there are a few Carl Crawford fans/collectors out there and I can only think that Overbay leaving is the closest I'll come to that situation (although Carl is way more popular and was a Ray for far longer, so the impact is greater). Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. This is the problem with collecting today's players. I've collected a bunch of Piniella era Cubs. I don't plan on keeping up with guys like Fontenot, Theriot and Lee but I still plan on collecting new Ted Lilly cards. At some point I guess I decided I liked him as more than just another Cub.

    ReplyDelete